analytics

percival

 Fey beast of metal and breath finds me in the forest. It rears ahigh with hoof and clatter. My mud hides me, a child; his shine, a mortal. I think Llŷr; he goblin. He utters; I silence. 

My fear is love. 


A tower that sieges my wooded fence. The double breathing dragon settles one another. The words of heaven begin to fall on my closed ears. And I weep for the blessing. 


My fear is love.


Can I bear the glory of this marvel? I clutch the dirt to remember earth. And look once more upon this banner of God. Torn apart between the now and yet. 


My fear is love.


She had named the world lost. An absence beyond Calryc the Ancient Oak, sundered only by devil and ghast. Perhaps heaven had won back the lands of my father. Mayhap evil was in retreat. How not against this glorious light?


Home could no longer hold my heart.


By N. C. Wyeth

No comments: