analytics

bridge

 A year’s walk through the pass led me to question time. How do you endure it? All of our effort to trod your spine and we never cross the bridge Tomorrow. We infest you like fleas and drain as much blood only we have no transport from the pinch. Our flat bodies invite the crush to readminister your blood upon the shore. We must be a wearying lot. 


But you abide us with quiet estimation. Your duress is left at the door. And you take us along in the walk that never steps. I could use a word but I cannot hear. I could use a drink but your water is precious. 


The effort is fatigue and comfort. The pain I know is certain. I would know arrival like a candle in the sun. All is the hot blast of light. And I step again. 


Rock gives way. And earth it breaks. Hand to path. to keep me up. Breath is ragged. in the day. of endless light. I try a. whistle. of song unsung. But breath is fleet. ing And music. is not here. sung. 


But a clock ticks. And a day dawns. Of another light.


“I waited patiently for the LORD;

    he inclined to me and heard my cry.”


No comments: